- EOTO World Team Announcement:
Our team has needed a longer time for self-care than our regularly scheduled organization downtime that ended 31 August. We have endured in our personal lives what many activists also endure: more intense salaried work lives (recall, we all volunteer our time to do the vital work of EOTO World, so we juggle more than one responsibility as professionals), illnesses, hospitalizations and family death. These things always come at the worse time, and sometimes taking a lengthy break from what is your normal routine is necessary.
Transparency is important, so we want to be clear on gradual re-engagement to the work we’ve been known for that will happen. We appreciate your graciousness with our all-volunteer team and will take the time necessary for a bit longer to do the things we’ve always encouraged you to do: Self-care.
We’re still in this with you and look forward to returning with some light updates with the organization before the holidays.
– EOTO World Team
- Digital Marketing Director Tricia Leid is featured in Trinidad and Tobago NewsDay with her response to an editorial letter sent to the Association for Female Executives in Trinidad & Tobago (AFETT). Tricia describes how volunteering with different entities including EOTO World, has enhanced her skills, network and mindset. Read the article entitled “A conversation with the woman in the mirror” here. If you’re in T&T, look out for the print version!
- Executive Director Elischia Fludd participated in a live panel discussion about wellness at the Humane Summit on 7 February 6pm CST/00:00 UTC (8 Feb). Leaders in the field of humane education will discussed compassion fatigue and burnout, interpersonal communication, and powerful self-care strategies. View the discussion here.
- Youth Perspectives on the SDGs: Youth 18-35 are invited to submit their personal ideas about the SDGs in their own words to share with the world as a part of the Youth Acts 4 SDGs campaign.
- EOTO World on Humane Education Coalition Podcast : Executive Director Elischia Fludd discusses the impact of the organization, current work happening to increase youth contributions toward spreading awareness about the SDGs, the future of the organization and how professionals across industries can get involved.
- #DoItForPeace 1 Billion Acts Experiment partnership with Kids For Peace in collaboration with Peace Day and Good News Network ended on 30 September. The campaign which sought to raise awareness about peace and inspire citizens to take action for peace was a multi-media collaboration, with EOTO World contributing short messages from youth that are relevant today about what peace is. Messages were shared from youth that participated in the “Peace Is” series from the Philippines, Iran, Indonesia, Pakistan, United States, Thailand, Mexico and Iceland. View the series.